Friday, June 12, 2009

Must promote more!

My sales aren't great, and I know that it's because I don't put out enough effort with promoting and marketing. My pieces are beautiful, I know this and I've been told a LOT, but I don't put myself out there. Before it was because I was afraid of rejection, afraid of people telling me my stuff was "cute" but their face would say "not really." Some of it is laziness and some of it is lack of ambition. I just suck all around when it comes to trying to better myself. Please don't see this as a pity thing, I am well aware of my shortcomings and have no problem talking about them. My problem however, is fixing them.

This week I've been on Etsy a lot, commenting on Treasuries, but just lurking on Forums. I really need to start posting there. I have gotten about 5 more hearts for my shop and a lot of views on my new listings after I posted them on Twitter. I bought some items from people and even participated in a BnR so now I'm in a Treasury - first time! I totally don't mind having bought my way in. I am constantly inspired by http://polestarjewelry.blogspot.com, she's had lots of sales - I even bought earrings from her, gorgeous! - and she has 2 kids at home with her, just like me.

I know that if I just focus on it, I can be an Etsy success story too :)

In the meantime with my writing, I'm actually writing my first short story in years. I'm gearing towards the YA genre. I may even start a new blog to post them, a la Corey Doctorow, a very talented writer whose agent is one of my friends from high school. Corey's site is http://www.craphound.com. Read "A Place So Foreign" http://craphound.com/place/Cory_Doctorow_-_A_Place_So_Foreign.txt - I really enjoyed that one.

As soon as I have a good draft of my story, I'll post an excerpt.

Have a great day and a great weekend!
Love and luck to you all =)

No comments: