Friday, July 31, 2009

It's not that I'm unmotivated...

For the past couple weeks I've promoted and tweeted less about my jewelry. I haven't even listed new anything until this week. Of course the less I focused on it, I made 2 sales and got tons of views and included in a treasury. Talk about frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I love the sales, views and treasury love, but how come it doesn't happen when I'm focused and busting ass trying to promote myself?

I will continue to make new things and list them, I will continue to twitter, blog about my shop and blog about my team shops. I will attempt to create treasuries - BUT, as of October I'm going back to school. Nursing. So we'll see what I can accomplish on the jewelry front while I'm in school. I'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

Ripper Arts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ripper Arts said...

Sorry--had to fix a typo

Why nursing? I will ask before you start school... Where does your heart's desire take you? Do you TRULY want to be a nurse? I know people change, I've changed. Our goals, plans, and dreams change as we change. I am (now) a nurse wanting to be an artist. I wish I could focus all of my energy on my (and my husband's) art, but I have to work as a nurse. Just wanted you to stop and think. LIVE WHAT YOU LOVE :) Best wishes!

Facets of Me. said...

I will probably be an artist who works as a nurse as well. Unfortunately my jewelry doesn't bring in the $ I need to help support the family. I want to be able to take the kids on vacation to the places they want to go. I want to be able to give them the things my parents couldn't give me, and that requires a better income. My husband does what he loves and makes a very nice living, but I know that if I work at something I really like (nursing) yet continue to do what I love (designing and making jewelry) and it all enriches the family, then that is what I must do. Thank you for asking though! That was really nice of you.