Tuesday, June 10, 2008

well..

I've been sick, which has had its ups and downs. It allowed me a little bit of time to rest, but in resting I neglected all of the housework I planned for my days off from my day job, and kept me from continuing to promote my jewelry. Currently you can find me here, http://www.myspace.com/camarilla_designs (of course) and ideally, at http://camarilladesigns.etsy.com.

I listed some new items tonight, from pictures I had taken on Friday while I was aware of an oncoming cold but still fighting it (or was in denial that it was coming). I took a ton of pictures that day and still have quite a few items to list. You can see them in my mini shop to the left, so please check them out :)

I still have plans for more promotion, and maybe one day, the big plunge into trying to sell my pieces in stores. The idea freaks me out because that would mean having to talk to a boutique owner and possibly facing rejection, like "Your jewelry is lovely, but it's not what we're looking for here in our store..." with that piteous look on their faces. You know, that sad smile that is basically a pat on the head and run along now.

But! I did get an email from a friend of a friend who said he would like to introduce some of my pieces at his art gallery (that also sells jewelry) in the next few weeks. That's a pretty vague timeline if you ask me, but he did say he wanted to do it, and that's cool with me! So thanks Robert, I really appreciate the opportunity. His gallery is in Chinatown and that means tourist traffic at the very least, not to mention the locals who are looking to do something different and hang out in Chinatown for the day and hey look, I didn't know Chinatown had art galleries!

I'm considering taking a day-long seminar on "How to Talk to Anyone". You know, I think I already can, I just want to stop faking that I enjoy it. Find me a seminar in that.

No comments: